Yes, Mayor Bloomberg has a lot of money and a super-PAC with which to spend it, but "short of his legacy being threatened," Hizzoner doesn't plan on throwing his wallet's weight around in the 2013 mayoral campaign. Partly, according to the Post, because the optics of any monetary meddling from Bloomberg might backfire on the candidate he's trying to help (presumably Christine Quinn). But "other sources" — corroborating this Times report on Bloomberg's wooing of Hillary Clinton — "say the mayor simply isn’t that impressed with anyone running to succeed him, including Quinn." And spending money on people you don't even like is what the holidays are for — are we right, people???
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?