Within an hour of the mass shooting in Newtown, according to NBC New York, a 37-year-0ld woman named Nouel Alba posted a message on Facebook identifying herself as the aunt of one of the slain children, Noah Pozner. Later, she solicited donations to help her family pay for the funeral through a PayPal account. This would have been a perfectly understandable request, except Alba lives in the Bronx and has no relation to the child. She was arrested today and charged with lying to the FBI, among, presumably, other things.
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 4. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 5. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 6. 178 Minutes With Miranda Kerr
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...