As somebody who does not want Chuck Hagel to be the next Defense secretary apparently alerted Buzzfeed, Hagel, in 1998, opposed the nomination of gay philanthropist James Hormel as the ambassador to Luxembourg because, he explained, "I think it is an inhibiting factor to be gay — openly aggressively gay like Mr. Hormel — to do an effective job." For those of you keeping score at home, "aggressively gay" is one step below "militant homosexuality" and one step above "kinda gay."
Photo: Kris Connor/Getty Images
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. House Passes Budget After Boehner Flips Out on Conservative Opponents
- 8. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle