After listening to fellow This Week panelists Grover Norquist and Peggy Noonan defend elements of the NRA's plan to end gun violence, Cory Booker shut down their arguments with a horrific, yet unsurprising, interjection. "I don't know if anybody here has seen anybody shot," Booker said. "I have. I don't know if anybody here has had to put their hand in somebody's chest and try to stop the bleeding so somebody doesn't die. I have." He went on to say that the current gun control debate is “convenient trick to try to divide our country more," noting that 74 percent of NRA members agree that people shouldn't be able to buy guns without a background check. "Let's stop the false debate," said Booker.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability