Yesterday, a Bush family spokesman announced that the ailing former president had been moved out of the intensive care unit, but apparently someone at German magazine Der Spiegel thought that meant that he'd been taken to the morgue. The newsweekly made the spooky but not entirely uncommon mistake of posting an unfinished version of Bush the Elder's obituary online, where he was described as a "colorless politician" whose image only improved once people got the chance to compare him to his son. Der Spiegel apologized for the "technical mistake," but not the burn.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death