In what might be today's most awful news (it's been a rough one), the 23-year-old student who was gang-raped in New Delhi “died peacefully,” according to a statement from Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore. Still unidentified, she was flown there to have her intestines removed as a result of injuries caused during the December 16 incident. In her native country, women are protesting for better protection from the police and better treatment overall, according to the New York Times.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper