The all-digital restructuring is under way at Tina Brown's NewsBeast as the print magazine prepares to close forever, the boss announced to her staff today. Just hours after moving around three top editors for the new formation, Brown sent a memo, obtained by the New York Observer, explaining, "The sad moment has arrived when we must go forth with the editorial staff reductions that we discussed in person with all of you several weeks ago. Employees in the affected positions will be notified today." Capital New York reports that iPad editor Melissa Lafsky, commentary editor Damon Linker, and design director Lindsay Ballant have joined those already leaving voluntarily, while the rest of the cuts "will be substantial enough," according to a source. "This is a very difficult day, and one that we approach with enormous regret," Brown said.
Photo: Marc Bryan-Brown/Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 4. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 5. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 6. 178 Minutes With Miranda Kerr
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...