Saturday afternoon, an unidentified man's decision to jump in front of an oncoming C train at Penn Station was followed by a change of heart, reports the New York Post. Rather than add to this year's tally of horrible subway deaths, he "survived without a scratch" by lying flat between the tracks as the train braked inches above his head. He was later taken by police to St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital for a mental health evaluation. While we're sorry to hear about someone nearly driven to suicide, we're grateful to this guy for reminding us that it is possible to get off the tracks alive.
Photo: Andria Patino/Corbis
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!