Rupert Murdoch's company filed with the SEC to officially split in two today, disclosing that the publishing side, referred to as "New News Corp.," lost $2.08 billion over the last fiscal year because of impairment and restructuring costs, plus a decline in advertising. Last year, the company said, "We were able to enjoy certain benefits from Parent's operating diversity and access to capital for investments, which benefits will no longer be available to us after we separate." The other side of things, including 20th Century Fox and Fox News, will have no such problems.
Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper