Cry No. 1 happened on Friday afternoon, in the White House's Brady Briefing Room, during Obama's initial statement on the Newtown massacre. Cry No. 2 took place two days later, on Sunday night, during his speech at a Newtown interfaith vigil. And cry No. 3 was just a few hours ago, during the funeral for legendary senator (and fellow Hawaiian) Daniel Inouye at the National Cathedral. Here's hoping next week is a little easier.
Photo: Kristoffer Tripplaar/Pool via Bloomberg, and MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck