The AR-15 owners interviewed for a New York Times look at what makes the gun so attractive offered up few explanations as to its usefulness aside from the fact you can shoot a lot of coyotes with it. Basically, it's fun, they said of the weapon that might be subject to a ban after it was used in the Newtown Massacre. "Some people crochet, some people shop, some people shoot guns," one explained. Okay, they're not exactly comparable, but a hobbyist's attraction seems kind of understandable. But what is it about shooting that particular gun, about cranking out big loads bullets at a time, that makes it so enjoyable? "I don’t want to make it sound weird, but it’s almost like holding a live animal. You’ve fired the thing, and it’s kicked around, and there’s the smell," Patrick Mason, of Las Vegas, told the paper. "When I put 20 rounds downrange, I’m like, man, I need a burger, yes!" Dude, you can just have the burger.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!