"The President said he needed me to do this and that he felt that I was the right person for the job. He understands that this was personal to me. There was no way I could say no. […] I have deep roots in the region. This is home." — Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan (the guy sitting behind Leon Panetta) speaking to the New York Daily News about the task of funneling federal relief aid to areas ravaged by Hurricane Sandy, including his hometown of New York City, where he recently attended the funeral of a colleague's daughter killed by the storm.
Photo: Pool/2012 Getty Images
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. House Passes Budget After Boehner Flips Out on Conservative Opponents
- 8. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle