"Since regular sky surveys began in the 1990s," says Don Yeomans of NASA's Near Earth Object Program says, "we've never seen an object this big get so close to Earth." The 50-meter-wide asteroid, known by the catchy moniker 2012 DA14, will approach even closer than some of our satellites. There is zero chance that it will actually hit Earth, though, so you'll still need to find another way to get laid.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death