After delaying work on the the 9/11 Memorial and Museum the three men finally came to an agreement over which groups should finance and oversee the project in September, but it seems they're at it again. The Post reports that officials from the Port Authority, which is controlled by Governor Cuomo and Governor Christie, are planning to scrap a four-year-old deal to let the NYPD run security at Ground Zero. The two organizations still haven't worked out a plan for daily operations, which was a requirement of the deal. Christie declared last week, “Never — not ever on my watch — will there be any other police force who will patrol the new World Trade Center other than the Port Authority police," so it appears that this unseemly feud is back on.
Photo: Jeff Zelevansky/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper