The front page of today’s Daily News mixes politics and produce with an odd sticker advertising Christine Quinn’s appearance tomorrow at the ribbon cutting for Fairway’s new store in Kips Bay. Last month Quinn picked up the endorsement of a grocery workers' union; perhaps she’ll soon be debating Republican contender John Catsimatidis, the owner of Gristedes, on the merits of arugula versus iceberg lettuce. Of course, the more significant backing picked up by Quinn recently came from the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. Other, more powerful labor groups — including the UFT — are still up for grabs, but if Quinn’s Democratic opponents don’t pick off a few soon, they’re going to have serious trouble in September’s primary.
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability