An official court transcript earlier this week failed to shed much light on what, exactly, Clarence Thomas said that made everyone laugh in court on Monday aside from "well, he did not" — his first words of any kind from the bench in nearly seven years. Now the audio has been released, and ... we still can't tell! It almost sounds as if someone shuts off Thomas's microphone while he's mid-joke. But who has the power to silence a Supreme Court justice? This conspiracy could go all the way to the top — the Supreme Court's A/V office on the third floor.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper