New York City Police Officer Isaias Alicea will be lucky if the trouble he's in for allegedly making a false arrest turns out to only be "career-ending," as department spokesman Paul Browne has already described it. He faces ten felony counts of filing false documents, which carry four-year prison terms, as well as two misdemeanor counts of official misconduct, for charging two men with a drug deal in the lobby of a housing project when security video showed they didn't come in contact. Even one of the misconduct charges could mean jail time, so this alleged false report represents pretty deep trouble for Alicea.
Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images2012 Getty Images
- 1. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Megyn Kelly Called In Sick Last Night
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle