Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz were hoping to bring unloaded guns to Wednesday’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control, but they were wary following the calls to jail David Gregory for brandishing a high-capacity gun magazine on Meet the Press. Politico reports that after consulting with law enforcement, the senators have concluded that there's no way they can bring in their guns without violating D.C.'s strict assault weapons ban. “Our goal is simple — to educate fellow senators and members of the public how and why firearms are used by millions of law-abiding Americans for self-defense, hunting, and sporting purposes,” they said in a letter to Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy. “We also want to shatter the mistaken belief that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are a danger to society." Perhaps they can organize a congressional field trip to "do skeet shooting" with President Obama.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2012 Getty Images
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street