Poor Ed Koch got released from New York-Presbyterian/Columbia Hospital on Saturday, after going in on Jan. 19 for fluid in his lungs and ankles, only to be readmitted two days later, on Monday. Koch spokesman George Arzt "says Koch's doctor wanted the 88-year-old to get more treatment for the fluid in his lungs, which is causing shortness of breath," according to the Associated Press, which notes that Koch has been told to cut back on the salt. Here's hoping the ex-mayor can spend more than a couple of nights in his own bed the next time they release him.
Photo: JP Yim/2011 Getty Images
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. House Passes Budget After Boehner Flips Out on Conservative Opponents
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle