East Village chronicler E.V. Grieve got a sneak peak at the 20,000 new stickers getting ready to hit the streets as neighborhood opposition to a 7-11 being built on Avenue A and 11th Street heats up. The masses of new stickers carry the message: "Shopping 7-11? Shame on You!" And then in smaller type below, "It's not too late to support East Village stores & merchants. Turn around and shop elsewhere." The plan is to constantly plaster these things onto the door of the 7-11 once the store opens, so expect to face this guilt trip every time you stop in for a Slurpee.
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 5. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 6. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 7. Stop Asking If the Volcker Rule Will Work. It Already Has
- 8. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 9. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?