Notorious B.I.G. immortalized one of his favorite eateries, and his order of "a T-bone steak, cheese eggs and Welch’s grape," in the song "Big Poppa," but now the Country House Diner is in the news for a much sadder reason. Early on Sunday morning, 34-year-old Jason Lewis was shot and killed after he got into a fight with a drunk man at the Clinton Hill restaurant, according to the Daily News. Witnesses say Lewis intervened after 27-year-old Tyrone Gainer grabbed a woman in the diner, and Gainer hit him in the face. “Why’d you smack me?” Lewis said. “We don’t have to shed blood for this.” Then Gainer allegedly whipped out a .22-caliber handgun and shot Lewis in the heart. Gainer has been charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon, and criminal use of a firearm.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper