While the frigid temperatures make just about everyone miserable, at least no one's getting murdered. The NYPD recorded zero killings for seven days, from Wednesday to Wednesday, with the streak seemingly holding through Thursday as well. "To the extent that weather plays a role, great," said Ray Kelly today. "We are rooting for more cold weather." The last time we had such a streak was after Hurricane Sandy, Newsday notes, and when asked if weather had anything to do with it, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne shrugged, "Most homicides are outside, so maybe." In that sense, the seven-day forecast does not look good.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!