A love triangle involving two Rikers correction officers led to gunplay in Brooklyn on Tuesday, as one officer fired at the new boyfriend of his ex-girlfriend, another officer. The three encountered each other in traffic near Utica Avenue and Clarendon Road, CBS reports, when Correction Capt. Shalonda Smith, driving with her new boyfriend in the car, cut off her ex-boyfriend, Correction Officer Dale Moore, in another car. Both pulled their cars over and everybody got out. Then the new boyfriend approached Moore, "who said he thought the other man had a gun," at least according to the New York City Correction Officers’ Benevolent Association. So Moore opened fire in what the association is calling self-defense. Fortunately the new boyfriend was only wounded, not killed. Per The Times, Moore "does not carry a gun on duty, a spokesman for the correction officers’ union said, adding that correction officers are trained to use firearms and allowed to carry one while off-duty." So far there's no word on what will happen to Moore, if anything.
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street