Few people will shed a tear when the 112th Congress officially comes to a close on Thursday. This has been one of the least productive sessions since the 1940s, and in the past two years, Congress has presided over a number of self-imposed fiscal debacles. Still, there are some departing members of the 112th Congress who deserve our recognition. Some are ending a decades-long career of public service, while others have managed to distinguish themselves in a few short years, mainly by espousing questionable medical facts and claiming that communists have infiltrated our government. Today we say so long, but not goodbye — surely at least half of them will have a regular cable news gig within the year.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!