Accidentally sharing crotch shots with the public dashed Anthony Weiner's dream of running for mayor (for now at least), but he's said to be considering a run for a lesser citywide office. Previously, sources suggested he had his eye on public advocate, but it seems he might be going for city comptroller instead. "At least two politically connected individuals in Manhattan" tell the Post that they received calls from a pollster asking about a potential city comptroller race between Weiner and Scott Stringer, the Manhattan Borough president. It's an odd choice, since Stringer is already favored in the race and Weiner would probably have an easier time running for public advocate. Though, it's hard to trust the Post on this one, since earlier this month the paper reported incorrectly that Weiner was abandoning politics to work on Wall Street.
Photo: Alex Wong/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!