According to the Post, now that Mayor Bloomberg has defeated absurdly large beverages, he's picked his next battle. A Sanitation Department official says the Bloomberg administration is considering banning Styrofoam cups and containers as part of its effort to recycle 30 percent of the city’s household trash by 2017. Since Hizzoner has cracked down on so many things that are delicious and bad for us, we were prepared for the worst, but we can tolerate Bloomberg violating our right to eat out of containers that are impossible to recycle.
Photo: Rob Kim/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Megyn Kelly Called In Sick Last Night
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle