It's unclear if New York's new assault weapons ban applies to prop guns, but on Wednesday, Governor Cuomo said he wants to update the law to state that movie and TV productions filming in New York are exempt. “People want certainty and there’s no reason not to make a change like that and give an industry comfort," Cuomo said, adding, “People spend a lot of money in the state bringing movie production here, post-production here. So obviously we would want to facilitate that." Everyone involved with Law & Order: SVU can breathe a little easier.
Photo: Chris Hondros/Getty Images2010 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!