Not long after pulling most of its Boston-to–New York buses from the road owing to safety concerns, Fung Wah has been ordered to stop operating completely for now. The U.S. Department of Transportation demanded today that the Chinatown buses "immediately cease passenger service and provide its entire fleet of 28 motorcoaches for thorough and detailed safety inspections by qualified inspectors," with no imminent sign of a return. When Titus Andronicus sang, "There'll be no more counting the cars on the Garden State Parkway / Nor waiting for the Fung Wah bus to carry me to who knows where," it was oddly prophetic.
Photo: Chris Hondros/Getty Images
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 4. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 5. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 6. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 7. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- 8. The Power (and Peril) of Praising Your Kids
- 9. Elián González Bashes U.S., Reignites Cold War