"Some of the most delicious time that you spend as a journalist is like, complaining," said the New York Times executive editor, who is now too important to gripe, at an NYU talk last night. "At no times have I had fewer actual friends to gossip with, and kind of complain with, or at least commiserate with. That is a hard part of being the boss. Newsrooms are just full of cantankerous, complaining people. It's so enjoyable to be part of that." Her employees are probably rolling their eyes, which is the point.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 4. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!