As if the case of "Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius wasn't weird enough, now comes the news that the lead investigator, Hilton Botha, faces attempted murder charges of his own, for allegedly shooting up a van while drunk with two other cops in 2011. There's not a whole lot of detail as to why Botha might have done such a thing, but police did confirm the existence of the charges to the Associated Press and Reuters. The charges were initially dropped but later reinstated, according to South Africa's Eyewitness News, which wrote that "it is alleged the three law enforcement officials were drunk while driving a state vehicle when they opened fire on a mini-bus taxi loaded with passengers." The report of the charges follows news that investigators made a series of blunders in the case, and Botha's testimony that police had no evidence to disprove Pistorius's claim he shot his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, through a bathroom door because he was scared she was an intruder. The case against Pistorius may not be nearly as strong as it appeared just a few days ago.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!