Someone stole Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's credit card information and used it to run up a $291 charge at a Chicago grocery store, and while the self-proclaimed toughest sheriff in America has stern words for whoever did it, he only has guesses as to the thief's identity. "I hope it wasn't my infamous name that drew this attention. And if they did know the name maybe they should have thought twice about ripping off the sheriff." But the closest thing Arpaio has to a clue, at least that he's sharing, is that he eats at a lot of restaurants. "I could have gone into any restaurant here and used my card and someone could have skimmed it. Took the number and used it in Chicago." Hopefully he doesn't plan on rounding up thousands of restaurant workers just to spite the thief.
Photo: Ethan Miller/2010 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper