New Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer sparked a national debate over work-life balance when she decreed last week that as of June, employees will not be allowed to work from home. On Tuesday, the company responded to the New York Times. “This isn’t a broad industry view on working from home,” said the statement. “This is about what is right for Yahoo right now.” So while prominent companies can influence workplace trends, please direct all gripes about your work schedule to your own boss.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!