Anderson Cooper has had a lot of strange conversations with people at NBC recently, according to Deadline TV editor Nellie Andreeva. First, Andreeva reports, NBC executives reached out to him as a possible replacement for Matt Lauer on the Today show, which isn't all that weird except that they did it behind Lauer's back. Then, Lauer called Cooper "to express his disapproval," which took Cooper by surprise because he figured Lauer was in the loop. Cooper may have been surprised at getting roped into the drama, but considering Lauer's recently strained relationship with his employer, he can't possibly be surprised NBC is shopping around. That Jeopardy gig is probably looking pretty sweet right now.
Photo: Jason Kempin/2012 Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...