The 21-year-old woman found dead in a Columbia University dorm room on Sunday was a student who had been on leave for a year after entering the school with the class of 2013. Jessica Fingers was back on campus visiting a female friend, The New York Post reports, citing a law enforcement source who said she had died of an apparent overdose after doing drugs with her boyfriend, who found her. The Columbia Spectator has a bit more on Fingers, who was from Monticello, N.Y., majoring in sociology, and ran cross-country. With a suicide on move-in day last fall, this has been a bad year for on-campus deaths at Columbia. But police aren't treating Fingers's death as suspicious — just very sad.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!