A young couple en route to the hospital for the birth of their first child was killed in a hit-and-run accident early Sunday morning. Nachman and Raizel Glauber, both 21, were riding in the back of a livery cab when a grey 2010 BMW sedan crashed into them at the intersection of Wilson Street and Kent Avenue in South Williamsburg. As the driver of the BMW fled the scene, paramedics from Orthodox Jewish ambulance service Hatzolah managed to deliver the baby before rushing her toward Bellevue, where she later died. Meanwhile, other first responders had to cut off the top of the car to reach Nachman, who was pronounced dead at Beth Israel, and the cab driver, who is in stable condition. The Glauber's little boy, currently in serious condition in Bellevue's ICU, is expected to live.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]