Early on Thursday morning, Palestinian militants in Gaza fired two rockets into southern Israel. The Associated Press reports that one rocket exploded in the courtyard of a house in Sderot and another landed in an open field; there were no injuries. President Obama was about 60 miles away in Jerusalem, but it isn't a promising start to the second day of his trip to Israel. Obama is scheduled to meet with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas later today, and a senior Israeli government official said, "We will be closely watching Palestinian President Abbas today to see if he condemns these attacks from Gaza against Israeli civilians."
Photo: Lior Mizrahi/2013 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!