The three-year-long investigation into Comptroller John C. Liu's campaign finances has brought down two of his former staffers, but it has never touched him, and at a mayoral candidates' forum on Thursday he let everyone know how tired he was of being investigated: "Three years of investigating. They wiretapped my phones for 18 months. They reviewed a million documents and messages. They interrogated thousands of my supporters. And yet, what do they have to show for it? It’s time to put up or shut up already." That does sound awfully unpleasant.
Photo: Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images2011 Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 3. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 4. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 5. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 6. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 7. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 8. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 9. Cannes Weekend: Jennifer Lawrence’s Grand Entrance