Police in Brownsville, Brooklyn shot a guy in the bottom on Thursday night, wounding him a short distance from where NYPD bullets killed 16-year-old Kimani Gray earlier this month. The details in a handful of news reports vary, but they all agree that police said the suspect, who is 20 according to PIX 11, had a gun and either pointed it at them or opened fire. The Post reports the cops on patrol "spotted two suspects in a shootout" and "pulled over and confronted one of the shooters," who pointed his gun at them, so they opened fire. Both the New York Times and PIX 11 report that the suspect fired first as cops approached him on the street. As with the Gray shooting, the police were in plain clothes, but unlike that incident, no witnesses have disputed the cops' account. The alleged gunman is expected to survive.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?