The parents of a 6-year-old girl killed at Sandy Hook Elementary revealed today that they were the first and only victims to meet with the shooter's father. Peter Lanza remains in many ways a mystery more than three months after his son killed twenty children in Newtown, but Alissa Parker said on CBS This Morning that she just had to see him. "I felt strongly that I needed to tell him something," she explained without going into detail. "I needed to get that out of my system … It was something that I needed to do." The meeting lasted more than an hour and reportedly included talk of Adam Lanza's medical history. According to CBS's Norah O'Donnell, Parker "believes that Peter Lanza holds the keys to this whole thing. She needed some closure."
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper