Miguel Gomez was arrested on Friday for setting up a surveillance camera to monitor the activities of a 21-year-old woman who lives in his Bronx building. The police have not said exactly where the camera was positioned, nor have they described Gomez's relationship with the neighbor. (They did say that the equipment didn't belong to the NYPD.) Gomez, who has been on the force for eight years, has been booked for unlawful surveillance, but his mom doesn't believe the charges (obviously). "My son is a very good boy and wouldn’t do a thing like that," she told the New York Daily News. In light of recent events, perhaps she should just be grateful that her son wasn't also hoping to eat his victim.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper