As he began a three-day trip to Israel, the West Bank, and Jordan today, President Obama delighted his hosts by speaking stilted Hebrew for three seconds during a speech on the tarmac at Tel Aviv's airport. "Tov l'he'ot shuv b'aretz," Obama proclaimed, meaning, "It's good to be in Israel again." This was met with laughter and applause by the Israelis in attendance, all of whom are entirely fluent in English.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film