Out of seven mayoral hopefuls on stage at a candidates' forum Tuesday night, only Christine Quinn and John Catsimatidis raised their hands when an audience member asked who would keep NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly on the job. "Joseph J. Lhota, a Republican and former deputy in the Giuliani administration, gave a raised hand with a waggle that appeared to indicate some amount of wavering," the New York Times reports. Adolfo Carrión Jr. also wavered, but Bill de Blasio, John C. Liu, and Bill Thompson Jr., said they would replace Kelly.
Photo: Michael Stewart/2011 Michael Stewart
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?