Out of seven mayoral hopefuls on stage at a candidates' forum Tuesday night, only Christine Quinn and John Catsimatidis raised their hands when an audience member asked who would keep NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly on the job. "Joseph J. Lhota, a Republican and former deputy in the Giuliani administration, gave a raised hand with a waggle that appeared to indicate some amount of wavering," the New York Times reports. Adolfo Carrión Jr. also wavered, but Bill de Blasio, John C. Liu, and Bill Thompson Jr., said they would replace Kelly.
Photo: Michael Stewart/2011 Michael Stewart
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]