New Yorkers have been more focused on their fear of falling on the subway tracks recently, but today the biggest threat to straphangers was their fellow passengers. Around 12:40 p.m., a man was slashed in the arm and chest while arguing with another man on the platform at the 59th Street Station on Lexington Avenue. The attacker jumped on a City Hall–bound 6 train and has yet to be caught. A few hours later, a conductor was punched on the Q train at the the Brighton Beach station and another conductor was attacked by a group of kids at the President Street station after asking them to quiet down. Thankfully the conductors' injuries weren't life-threatening, and the stabbing victim is expected to survive.
Photo: Joe Raedle/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!