With Matt Lauer's likability on life support, he's trying self-deprecation: "If you've been following the papers lately, you know it's been a bit rough for me," he said while hosting a media event this week, according to "Page Six." "These days, I only get asked to host dinners if polio is busy. Yup, I have a lower Q rating than polio right now." We imagine polite chuckles from industry men while their bored wives give sideways glances that say that makes no sense. "Katie [Couric] has a way of making headlines," Lauer joked later about his colleague from back when he was popular. "Who can forget when she was co-host of the Today show? She got a colonoscopy on TV. Not to be outdone, two weeks ago, I got one in the New York Times." Fire your writers, Matt. They're not doing you any favors.
Photo: Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!