The NYPD will be testing some totally harmless gasses underground on three non-consecutive days in July — as if it didn't smell bad enough down there — "to strengthen their tactics for responding to hazards ranging from possible chemical spills in the tunnels to potential terrorist attacks." There will be warnings, but expect a few panic attacks regardless.
Photo: Andria Patino/Corbis© Corbis. All Rights Reserved.
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode