The apps that track your stolen iPhone work great, but sometimes its fate is best left unlearned. When a theft victim traced his phone to a West Village precinct Friday, he tried calling it from within the precinct and heard the phone ring inside the alleged thief, who was in a holding cell in custody for an unrelated theft. When the cops confronted him, the New York Post reports, "the career criminal admitted that he’d hidden the phone up his butt and retrieved it, the sources said." Remember that if anyone offers to sell you a stolen iPhone.
- 1. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Megyn Kelly Called In Sick Last Night
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 9. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times