On Monday, many Americans got their “first taste of the pain of sequestration,” as Harry Reid put it, when the furlough of 1,500 air traffic controllers began, causing flight delays across the country. Then a bad day for air travel got even worse when TSA Administrator John Pistole announced he's putting an indefinite hold on plans to loosen TSA restrictions, which were set to go into effect on Thursday. Now those stuck on the runway can't even take solace in the fact that their Wiffle ball bats, golf clubs, and small knives are on board with them.
Photo: MIGUEL MEDINA/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?