Over the span of an hour this afternoon, CNN went from reporting that a suspect — a "dark-skinned male," according to John King — was identified and arrested in the case of the Boston Marathon bombing to admitting that "we don't know what's right or not right at this point." While they weren't the only news organization to do so, they were the most bumbling. ("Got him" apparently has a wide range of meanings, to hear King explain it.) "CNN had three credible sources on both local and federal levels," said a spokesperson. "Based on this information, we reported our findings. As soon as our sources came to us with new information, we adjusted our reporting." Check out that awkward adjustment below.
- 1. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 2. Jody Rosen’s Snap Judgments on Beyoncé’s Surprise New Album
- 3. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 6. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 9. Megyn Kelly Called In Sick Last Night