Well this is terrible: At around 2 p.m. on Sunday, two or three gunmen opened fire as around 200 Mother's Day celebrants watched a brass band round the corner of Frenchman Street and North Villere Street in New Orleans's Seventh Ward. Luckily, no one was killed, but at least seventeen people — two of them reportedly children — were injured. Though there were a number of cops on the scene, the suspects managed to flee. "This is an extremely unusual occurrence, and we're confident that we will make swift arrests,'' said police spokesman Remi Braden, who also confirmed that "most of the wounds are not life-threatening."
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 5. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 6. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 7. Stop Asking If the Volcker Rule Will Work. It Already Has
- 8. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 9. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?