The city's DUI arrests are up across the board this year, largely because of the West Village's 6th Precinct, which the New York Post reports has seen more than a 100 percent increase thanks in part to help from the neighborhood's bouncers: "If we see someone stumbling out of the bar and getting into a car, we take a picture of the license and call or text it [to the police]," one told the paper. Even with last year's rate increase, taxis are about a thousand times cheaper than a DUI.
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street